The Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent (MISA) is inviting all unemployed youth to apply for the ongoing 2021/2022 Learnership Program.
EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING PROGRAM
GRADUATES IN TECHNICAL FIELDS (REF NO: EL INTERN 02 / 2021a)
MISA offers 2-year internship opportunities to graduates in technical fields that are relevant to the operations and maintenance of municipal infrastructure. While the program is not exclusively limited to individuals from previously disadvantaged communities, MISA strives for excellence in the context of addressing delays in service delivery and skills development and encourages historically disadvantaged individuals to apply. The MISA Experiential Learning Program is a work-based internship program for unemployed graduates from colleges, universities of technology and TVET.
WORK-INTEGRATED LEARNING (REF NO: EL INTERN 02 / 2021b)
This program also offers opportunities to students who require between 12 and 24 months of practical work experience (or work-integrated learning) to complete their study programs, in accordance with academic requirements in the fields of Civil and Electrical Engineering.
Applicants must be willing and available for placement, including rotation and relocation to other municipalities or private sector organizations for adequate job exposure. Please note that MISA does not guarantee any employment opportunity after qualification
Apprenticeship application closing date: September 25, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Place of learning: South Africa
How to apply for the scholarship program for municipal infrastructure support agents (MISA)
Applications must be submitted on the MISA application form (make sure the REFERENCE NUMBER of the position applied for is on the application form, that is, the reference number for the trade as indicated in point A (Apprenticeship Program) and B (Experiential Learning Program) above Please note that the required documents, ie the application form and the list of selected municipalities, can be obtained from the following website (www.misa.gov.za / www .cogta.gov.za). requested by email to email@example.com
All applications must include the following: • Reference number of the requested trade / position and the name of the municipality according to the list • Curriculum vitae; • Certified copies of relevant qualifications; • Certified copy of South African identity document; and • Proof of residential address.
MISA reserves the right to / not make appointments. If no response is received from MISA within 90 days of the closing date, it should be assumed that your request was unsuccessful.
Correspondence regarding advertised positions will be limited to selected candidates only.
- The candidate will be subject to suitability checks including qualifications, employment, credit, criminal history, business property / address, and reference check.
- Applications by fax, mail or hand-delivered will not be accepted.
- Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
- Fraudulent grades or documentation will be immediately disqualified.
- Successful candidates will undergo a medical aptitude test.
- Direct or indirect scrutiny for preferential treatment will result in the immediate disqualification of the corresponding applicant. Inquiries: Ms. Bonisile Molefe (012) 848 5555 or Ms. Nobuhle Latha (012) 848 5529 or Ms. Thulisile Mosoeu (012) 848 5562