This ad is open to application by external applicants.
Equity Statement: Preference will be given to duly qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan and the Objectives of the Organization / Operational Division. Preference will be given to women and people with disabilities.
Applicants who are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering in the Careers section of Transnet Internet. Please be careful to fill in all the required details in the profile and then apply for the position.
Alternative application methods: (Complete Curriculum Vitae to be sent)
The closing date is 02.23.2021.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that HR has received the application prior to the ad close date. Note: If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement, please consider that your request was not accepted. Any questions regarding the application or contracting process should be sent in writing to NDILISWA.MAKWELA@TRANSNET.NET. We urge all of our employees, customers, members of the public, and our vendors to report any type of fraud or corruption on Transnet. Call toll free hotline: 0800 003056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com Operational Division Job Title Employee Group Department Location Report to Grade Level Reference Number Job Purpose :::: :::: Transnet Engineering Millwright Permanent Superintendent of Koedoespoort I3 30012766 Install, inspect maintenance and repair Industrial, commercial machinery, Buildings and equipment in a cost-effective manner to ensure maximum availability of plant and equipment by eliminating unscheduled shutdowns due to breakdowns and the continuous application of the OHS Law on the assets of Transnet Engineering Koedoespoort
• Machine installations in workshops
• Repair and maintenance of all buildings and machines
• Mechanical fault location and repairs of electro-hydraulic machines including motorized equipment .
• Perform PM and report defects
• Mechanical review, modifications, updating of machines and equipment
• Installations of new machines
• Maintain production flow
Ensuring high quality products on time Qualifications and experience:
• Must be a qualified and proven Millwright in the trade (prerequisite of legislation)
• At least 2-3 years of factory maintenance experience
• Experience with PLC or CNC machines
• Experience in hydraulics and pneumatics Competences: COMPETENCES. ATTITUDE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: Knowledge of PLC or CNC machines
• Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics • Knowledge of engineering
• Knowledge of the ISO 9002 quality system
• Being a computer scientist
• Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Law (Law 85 of 1993)
• Knowledge technicians and theorists of the trade Millwrights
• Factory maintenance
• Read plans
• Track faults
• Information processing
• Diagnostic ability
• Good judgment REQUIRED SKILLS
• Problem solving
• Planning and organization Strong safety orientation
• Solid initiative and capable of working independently (self-propelled and motivated)
• Solid analytical and problem-solving capacity
• Attention to detail, methodical and logic
• Integrity and reliability
• IT knowledge: SAP PM and Microsoft
• Knowledge of the quality management
• Knowledge of the security law
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never request a fee from job applicants. Any of these requests is fraudulent. Report any suspicious activity in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line at 0800 003056.