SKILLS DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR (TWO VACANCIES)
TO: External (recruitment agencies)
REPORTS TO: General Manager: Skills Development
SALARY: Related to the market
LOCATION: SANRAL Headquarters, 48 Tambotie Avenue, Val de Grace, Pretoria OR
SANRAL Western Region, 1 Havenga Street, Oakdale, Bellville, Cape Town
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: 12-month fixed-term contract
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
The fixed-term position of a skills development coordinator is necessary to offer learning and development interventions for the company at the national level, in all functions, in order to meet the skills requirements of the new organizational structure .
The coordination role will ensure that skills enhancement interventions are implemented in accordance with the current Operational Model Implementation (OMR) target role requirements. During this transition process, the role is required to develop, implement, maintain and regularly report on the transition skills training plan that is based on the requirements of the new SANRAL structure.
• A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a business-related field is essential.
• Three years of experience related to the area of assignment which is coordinating skills development programs in support of the transition of employees to new roles.
• Experience in the learning and development management environment with a proven track record and deep experience across the entire L&D management value chain.
• Demonstrated experience in the development and evaluation of training programs.
• Knowledge of SAP’s Success Factors Learning Management System.
• SuccessFactors professional certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND SKILLS:
• Solid knowledge of the principles and practices of training and development.
• Organized and able to multitask in a stakeholder-centric environment.
• Expert in the development and execution of training intervention plans.
• Advanced Office 365 that includes the use of EQUIPMENT, forms, MS Word and Excel.
• Ability to manage time, set priorities, and plan workload to meet goals.
• Ability to manage small projects and activities simultaneously.
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate with others to achieve agreed results and outcomes.
• Ability to work in a team using a collaborative learning approach, both face-to-face and remotely.
• Familiarity with the SAP Learning Management System and Enable Now software, as well as the ability to creatively design content.
• Ability to develop training plans for individuals and groups using best practices.
• May lead and facilitate task forces and committees for training and development programs. Participates in other committees assigned in support of program development and training needs.
• Provides individual and small team coaching / tutoring for a diverse group of students.
• Develops evaluation tools for the training and development program, as well as evaluation of individual results.
• Under the direction of management, the role is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating training and development interventions that aim to close the skills gaps identified between current SANRAL roles and the target roles to which personnel make the transition during Operation SANRAL. Model implementation process.
• Proactive engagement and collaboration with leadership to identify immediate transition-related training and development needs, as well as future needs.
• Assist line managers in developing individual learning and development plan (IDP) for employees transitioning to new roles using the Success Factors Learning Management System.
• Assist with identifying and eliciting interventions (formal / informal training, mentoring, and coaching) to achieve learning outcomes that address gaps identified during the employee transition process.
• Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and other requirements related to the skills development processes related to the transition process.
• Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for the delivery of skills development interventions using the existing LMS system.
• Monitor and report on the use of the learning management system and give classes to new users to ensure compliance with the digital administration of training.
• Complete submission of WSP / ATR related to transition in accordance with SANRAL requirements.
• Implement, when necessary, digital training solutions and monitor their adoption by students.
• Promote, track and report on the professional development curriculum (CPD) of SANRAL professionals in order to maintain professional registration and continuous updating of professional knowledge and skills.
• Keep accurate records.
• Coordinate the development and use of the talent management system to support the training and development program.
• Collaborate with other training functions, as necessary, to coordinate training needs.
• Performs other assigned tasks.
EMPLOYMENT REFERENCE CHECKS
Job reference checks are required as part of SANRAL’s hiring and selection process. For SANRAL to carry out these controls, the applicant must complete and sign a consent form. As an applicant for this position, you authorize SANRAL to process all information provided for the purpose of your application for the position, as well as the verification and record keeping of such credentials.
Please note that this is a confidential document and is intended for the internal use of SANRAL’s Human Resources department only.
Appointments will be made in accordance with SANRAL’s Labor Equity plan.
SANRAL reserves the right not to fill any position
Application submission deadline: July 11, 2021
Send your CV to:
PLEASE NOTE THAT OPINION WILL BE PROVIDED TO SHORT LISTED CANDIATES ONLY AND WILL BE CONDUCTED BY A SANRAL DESIGNATED RECRUITING AGENCY.
Responsible Manager Approved Job Specifications: H. A. Harper
On behalf of and on behalf of:
Executive responsible for Human Resources