We are a popular franchise group in the hospitality industry and based in Port Elizabeth, we are currently looking to hire an experienced financial assistant.
Remuneration – From R 10,000 gross
Start date: July 1, 2021
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Record day-to-day financial transactions and complete the posting process.
• Verify that those transactions are recorded in the correct journal, vendor ledger, customer ledger, and general ledger.
• Perform partial checks of the accounting process.
• Manage 5 sets of books from start to trial balance.
• Enter data, keep records and create reports to the central office on a monthly basis.
• Performing administrative tasks
• Daily control of the work of 5 restaurant secretaries (bank recognition, credit card recognition, cash, etc.)
• Vendor payments for stores weekly
• Assistance in supplier inquiries and others.
• PAYE, UIF and SDL calculations
• VAT calculations
• Updating of the entities’ fixed assets register.
• Proven relevant experience. (3-5 years)
• Solid knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping principles.
• Proven ability to calculate, publish and manage accounting figures and financial records.
• Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
• This person should have a thorough knowledge of Excel, as there are several large monthly spreadsheets that are done in Excel.
• Extensive practical knowledge of Pastel Partner
• Good problem solving skills.
• High degree of precision and attention to detail
• Ability to always maintain confidentiality.
• Must be able to work under pressure (deadlines)
• Time management skills
• Willingness to work on holidays and weekends if required.
• Driver’s license and own transportation (advantageous)
Send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider that your request was not accepted if you do not receive a response within 2 weeks of the request.