SOS Africa Western Cape is a registered non-profit organization that provides learning support and educational sponsorship for children from disadvantaged backgrounds. We are looking to hire two full-time center assistants to join the team. One will be located in our Center at St Michael Elementary School in Elgin, Grabouw, while the other will be working in our Center at Methodist Elementary School in Somerset West.
These positions begin on January 11, 2021.
- Act in accordance with SOS policies
IN A SUPPORT CAPACITY:
- Offer a learning support program (mornings):
• Facilitate and inform about a prescribed reading program.
- Deliver the program after school (afternoons):
• facilitate the delivery of homework requirements.
- Provide individualized attention to children, appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Serve as a liaison with the families and teachers of the partner schools.
- Maintain the structure and processes of the designated SOS Center.
- Manage resources within the Center.
- Perform the pertinent administration for the precise facilitation of the programs and the maintenance of the Center.
- Work as part of a team to provide a safe, constructive, and stimulating environment for children.
- Organize vacation programs / outings. Qualifications required:
• Teacher qualification
• Bilingual (read, write, understand English and Afrikaans)
• Competent in computing
• Driver’s license (code 8) and own transport an advantage To apply, use the APPLY NOW button AND send an email with a CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Your online application will NOT be considered unless email is received.
Only selected applicants will be contacted and no other correspondence will be entered.
SOS Africa Western Cape Trust reserves the right not to fill the position.