MUNICIPALITY OF MOSSEL BAY
Mossel Bay Municipality, an employer committed to equal employment, invites people
to apply for the aforementioned vacancy
ARTISANS : FITTER
(DESALINATION AND REVERSE OSMOSIS PLANT)
(APPLICANTS RESIDING WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE WEST CAPE WILL RECEIVE PREFERENCE
(Relevant proof / documentation must accompany application)
• Grade 12 / NQF Level 4
• Trade Proven Craftsman (Mechanic: Installer) / Red Seal
• Valid driver’s license with code B
• Project management skills with attention to detail.
• Management, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of the Law and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
• Forced to work outside normal working hours during emergencies and planned
• Physically fit and able
• Required to perform reservation tasks
• Required to work in all weather conditions and with hazardous chemicals.
• Experience in the installation / repair of water plant equipment, pumps, pipes, tanks,
desalination and reuse plants, mechanical infrastructure and maintenance procedures
• Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Responsible for mechanical maintenance, repairs and supervision of contractors
when major construction work / new facilities are being carried out
• Establish the necessary materials and resources for specific work orders.
• Provide specific guidelines and instructions to staff.
• Address deviations in performance or disciplinary problems.
• Complete internal documentation (timesheets and log, progress field and productivity
• Make sure the plant and machines / equipment are kept in good working order
• Plan and schedule stops, improvements and new installations of the plant.
• Plan maintenance and repair activities.
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical parts and equipment.
• Formal and informal reports
• Interact diplomatically with various stakeholders
• Perform budget control functions
SALARY SCALE: R242 410.80 – R314 650.08 per year (T10)
CLOSING DATE: AUGUST 13, 2021
(Applications received after 1:00 p.m. will not be accepted)
- Shortlisted candidates may be submitted and required to undergo a theoretical and / or practical test, including a driving test.
- Notwithstanding any statement to the contrary, no employment contract will enter into force until a
the offer has been made by the municipality and accepted by the applicant.
- Written requests in the official application form and accompanied by a complete CV, which will be considered as
confidential, should be addressed to: The Senior Manager Human Resources, P O Box 25, Mossel Bay, 6500. These
The conditions are mandatory and failure to comply will automatically lead to the disqualification of the applicant.
- The application forms are available on the municipal website (www.mosselbay.gov.za) or electronically at the
the contact persons mentioned below. Original certified copies of proof of qualifications and other required
The documentation must accompany the CV and the application form.
- Electronic applications can be sent by email to email@example.com. . Shortlisted candidates who electronically applied must provide the original certified copies of grades and other required documentation in or
before the date of the practical test.
- For fairness purposes, please indicate your race, gender, and disability status on the application form.
- More details can be obtained from Ms N Bouwer or Ms J Ruiters at the phone number (044) – 6065000.
- If applicants are not contacted within 40 days after the closing date, it can be accepted that they were unsuccessful.
- The Municipality of Mossel Bay agrees to comply with the requirements of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998,
for the advancement of previously disadvantaged and disabled people.
ADV. MG GILIOMEE